Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Before week 0

So, I just read an email today from the head of my program talking about he upcoming weeks ahead.  I am so excited and nervous.  First there will be a bunch of, "get to know you" kind of things, and as we will be acting with each other fairly closely for the next year, I imagine that's probably a good thing.  I also discovered some of the things I will be working on.  I haven't learned about the Shakespeare play yet, so still waiting on that, but I did learn that we will be working on The Cherry Orchard by Anton Chekov.  This is a great play.  The last time I worked on a Chekov I feel like I wasn't really ready to fully explore and work on a text like that, so this is very exciting for me.

Oh, on a related subject, I also learned about the 3 professional playwrights that will be writing our final projects.  They are Rona Munro (a side note on her to some Dr. Who fans, she wrote some episodes of the older series), Lewis Hetherington and Oliver Emanuel.  You should look them up because they all are writing great plays.  We will be meeting them in a week or two and then next summer we will producing the play they have written for our groups.

I am nervous, but excited and am thinking about singing a song called Nervous but Excited.  Maybe someone will join in.  We will also be having a "sharing" meeting as the head of the department called it, where we will do monologues for each other.  I am thinking about doing my Pillowman monologue to share.  I feel pretty comfortable with it.  Anyway, I'm sure I will have lots more to share as the time comes closer, but that's all for now.

2 comments:

  1. Saw The Cherry Orchard @ USF my soph year. I loved it. I'm sure you'll rock it -- wish we could be there to see!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so great! I think the Pillowman mono is a good choice. I'm so happy about this blog!

    ReplyDelete