Thursday, October 13, 2011

Plays and other things

So, I forgot to mention something huge in my last post.  Our Shakespeare show.  This year there will be two renaissance plays.  The first, Measure for Measure.  I love Measure for Measure.  My audition for the BFA at SUU was with an Angelo monologue.  I would love to play Angelo.  A really great antagonist.  The other play will be the Duchess of Malfi.  I haven't read the whole script myself, but, after reading the synopsis I'm quite intrigued.  Oh, and speaking of Measure for Measure, it really seems like a play that will give me options.  Angelo is a main antagonist with some real meat to it.  It's a complicated part and would be a great challenge.  On the other hand, Lucio and Pompey are both really fun parts that appeal to the clown in me for sure.  It's hard to say what I which part I would like more.  I am leaning towards wanting to do Measure for Measure more, but I am definitely open to the Duchess for amazing opportunities.

I also wanted to throw out a quick thanks to teachers at SUU.  For all those attending there now, I wanted to let you know, they get us where we need to be.  Especially if you work hard.  The voice training Bugg gave me has helped a ton in graduate voice work.  A lot of the voice work Bugg worked on with us for Macbeth is exactly what these guys are going for in our voice classes.  The Lecoq training that Anthony teaches is an amazing base for all the physical work I've been doing.  I mean, I just spent 2 hours on Wednesday doing neutral mask work.  I was one of the only ones to have ever used actual neutral mask.  Take advantage of the wide array of specialties the teachers can offer and you will leave there in a good position.

No comments:

Post a Comment